blob: a136b13735ed60d4975c51a8e34a6a9f1bebe3ae (plain
# Haskell URL
HURL resolves URLs to the `Text` or `ByteString` data they reference, alongside
it's MIMEtype. It is capable of resolving data to the charset specified by the
MIMEtype, and will convert any errors to response data.
It's main function is `Data.Network.Fetch.fetchURL`, which takes a "Session"
initialized by `Data.Network.Fetch.newSession`.
## Supported URI schemes
HURL can resolve the following URL schemes:
* `http(s):` - via [http-client](https://hackage.haskell.org/package/http-client)
* [`gemini:`](https://gopher.tildeverse.org/zaibatsu.circumlunar.space/1/~solderpunk/gemini) - being developed by [@email@example.com](https://tilde.zone/@solderpunk)
* `data:` - via [bytestring-base64](https://hackage.haskell.org/package/bytestring-base64)
* Native apps on [FreeDesktop.Org](https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Specifications/)-compliant systems (including basically any non-Android Linux system)
* Recommends apps to install on systems which provide a [AppStream Database](https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Distributions/AppStream/).
Each of these protocols can individually be turned on or off at compiletime.
## Desired URI schemes
Integration of the following URL schemes would be appreciated:
* `ftp(s):` - Outdated Haskell implementations exists.
* `magnet:` - Outdated/incomplete Haskell implementation exists.
* `gopher:` - Would want to pair with a [Markdown-to-HTML](https://hackage.haskell.org/package/pandoc) parser to restore semantics lost in Rhapsode's conversion to audio.
* `xdg-icon:` - Custom, looks up images according to [icon-theme-spec](https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Specifications/icon-theme-spec/)
* [`idsc:`/`mdsc:`](https://datashards.net/) - being developed by [@firstname.lastname@example.org](https://octodon.social/@cwebber).
* Dispatch to apps on Mac OS X, Windows, Android, and/or iOS.
Feel free to suggest more, point me towards the function(s) to call, or write the
patch yourself! Please email these to `email@example.com`.
Known issues to be tackled (outside of the protocol list above) are described in
markdown files under the ISSUES folder. Feel free to [email me](mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org)
additional problems and feature requests.
To contribute code you can either email me:
* A link to the online git repository you want me to `git pull` from
* Or a git patch file as documented at https://git-send-mail.io/